Just Sharing Knowledge
Tutorial Installing TDM-GCC (Windows)
February 1, 2011Posted by on
TDM-GCC is free compiler package installation for windows 32/64 bit. It combines the most recent stable release of the GCC (GNU Compiler Collection) toolset with the free and open-source MinGW (Minimalist GNU for Windows) runtime APIs to create library for Microsoft Compiler and SDK platform. You can find more detailed information on the official website TDM-GCC.
Ok, lets we jump to the installation step.
- Download TDM-GCC from here. Select installation package compatible with your windows platform (32/64 bit). In this tutorial we use windows platform 32 bit. So we must select “tdm-gcc-4.5.1.exe”.
- After download complete you just simply double click on the file and then you will see a dialog setup option like image below. Click on “Create” button.
- On the next screen you will see a dialog to select type edition windows paltform (32/64 bit) like image below. Choose “MinGW/TDM (32-bit)” and then click on “Next” button.
- On the next screen you will see a dialog to select directory installation like image below. In this tutorial we use default directory “C:\MinGW32” and then click “Next” button.
- And next we will see a dialog selection of dowload for update mirror like image below. Just leave the option and then click “Next” button.
- On the next screen you will see a dialog to select type of installation like image below. Just leave it and then click on “Install” button.
- Wait until the installation process is complete. Next, you will see a dialog complete installation and then click “Next” button like image below.
- Finally you will see a dialog information complete setup wizard and then just click “Finish” button.
Now, TDM-GCC is ready to use. If you want to create project base on this compiler you may choose a lot of Editor IDE such as Eclipse, Code::Blocks, DevC++..etc. See my other Tutorial how to integrate Code::Block and MinGW or Tutorial how to integrate Eclipse and MinGW…Good Luck